Perm £75,000 – £85,000 PA plus car allowance, pension and benefits
Our Client runs successful networks across Public Safety, Defence, Traffic, Rail and Service Provider Sectors are looking to engage a Principle Security Engineer.
This key senior position sits within the client facing engineering team. The role within the Network Services Security team is to be the most senior technical resource to resolve highly complex technical design and service issues when normal operations and maintenance procedures have failed and to provide leadership for root cause analysis.
Communication is key and the successful applicant will act as a mentor for their chosen field and have the ability to lead Security practice. You will support the Sales and presales teams to provide the technical expertise to close sales opportunities. You will have daily involvement with technical presentations, solutions demonstrations, solutions design/configurations, Proposal and bid response documentations.
Key deliverables in the role: to act as a 4th line technical lead, to act as an internal technical escalation point, to train internal staff on product and network. To devise training programmes and support documentations for operations. Provide technical assistance to sales teams working through client meeting, presentation and response to tenders. To assist in the design of proof of concept scenarios. To be an advocate in the required technology within you area of expertise. To take the lead in defining value adds projects.
Ideally you will have experience working with customers on all aspects of security including policies.
Hands on experience with firewalls, NAT, SIEN and a clear understanding of IDS and IPS principles.
Qualifications and Attributes required for the role:
- Design and operate experience
- In depth knowledge on firewalls, IDS, IPS and Encrpytion
- Product experience ideally covering Juniper SRX, Cisco ASA and PaloAlto firewalls and Bluecoat devices with Checkpoint experience being an added benefit
- Exposure to SIEM platforms, GDPR and GPG13
- Candidates must have High Level and Low Level Design experience
- Candidates must have at least 7 years Networking experience
- Candidates must have excellent interpersonal skills, be able to deliver technical information in a clear and concise manner and comfortable with client interface
- Technically leading from the front
- Excellent work ethic and a strong sense of ownership
- Remain hands-on with technology
- Builds trust and a collaborative relationship with stakeholders across the organisation and colleagues within the team
- Strives for continuous improvement, delivers and supports new processes and directions
- Excellent customer facing and presentation skills
We are keen to hear from candidates with the skills and attributes that will make this role desirable to you and will give the opportunity to join a leading edge technical organisation.