Perm, £65,000 – £80,000 pa plus Company Benefits – Camberley
Routing & Switching, CCIE, JNCIE
Our state of the art technology client based in Surrey is seeking a dynamic, hands-on and technically astute CCIE Principal Network Engineer with strong Firewalls, TCP/IP, Routing and Switching skills.
As Principal Network Engineer, you will be the “go to person” for your specific technical area. You will lead by example, will be a subject matter expert and will be a customer facing, business aware consultant.
The successful Principal Network Engineer will be required to resolve highly complex technical design or service issues that cannot be resolved through the normal operations and maintenance procedures and provide leadership for root cause analysis.
Other duties and responsibilities:
- Act as a technical lead within the customer account for both internal and external requirements.
- Review and report on specific customer incidents and to manage customer expectations. To add value and highlight trends within the call data. Ensuring escalation and feedback drives a high level of performance.
- Responsible for the documentation and upkeep of technical databases relating to the customers network infrastructure such that internal engineering colleagues can refer to this information held on either a WiKi or KEDB, assisting in the resolution of customer incidents and problems.
- Produce and Peer Review LLD (Low Level Designs) and HLD (High Level Designs)
- Demonstrable experience supporting Service Provider and Enterprise Grade Networks
Must have in-depth and broad knowledge of networking as a whole – Firewalls, Routers, Switches (Juniper/Cisco), TCP/IP etc. Any Virtualisation (Hyper-V/VWware) is a bonus.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are a must, as you will be working with senior stakeholder and customers.
The ideal Principal Network Engineer will have networking certification in Cisco (CCIE) and Juniper (JNCIE).
You must already hold (or be eligible to hold) UK Security Clearance to SC Level.
This is an excellent opportunity to work with a company that won’t be beaten on technical!
Based in Surrey, with 1-2 days working from home / client site and is paying a salary of up to £75,000 + £500/month car allowance + good benefits.
Again, our client is seeking a technically astute CCIE and Juniper Principal Network Engineer with strong TDA (Technical Design Authority), Firewalls, TCP/IP Routing and Switching skills.