Perm £55,000 – £70,000 PA + benefits – Woking, Surrey
Our client based in Woking, Surrey are looking for talented Android Developers who get excited about technology, love learning new skills and want to work for a company where building great software is a primary focus of the business. This is an opportunity to work for a progressive forward-thinking company where the products that the Development team build are essential to the success of the company.
If you are passionate about creating great software and want to work somewhere where there is a pragmatic focus on being effective and doing things well, this could be the job for you.
You will be working as a Developer in one of the small, self-organising, cross functional teams in a place that knows the application of agile means far more than just putting the word Scrum in the title of meetings through to working, shippable software, as such you will be expected to contribute to all facets of the development process.
Along with the rest of the team you will be responsible for design, architecture and writing code for all areas of the product whether it be front end, server side, database or even deployment and build infrastructure.
Skills & Requirements Must have
- 7+ years of commercial experience
- Excellent knowledge of Android Material design guidelines and best practices
- Experience of using the latest Android framework like Android Architecture Components (Room, Volley , ViewModel, LiveData)
- Excellent knowledge of building scalable code using dependency injection (Dagger, Kodein), RXJava, Retrofit/Volley
- Experience of building complex Android applications using the latest design patterns (MVP, MVVM etc.)
- Experience working with a variety of web services data formats (e.g. JSON, XML, ProtoBuf), architectural styles (g. REST, SOAP) and authentication schemes (e.g. OAuth2.0)
- Excellent understanding of Junit, Mockito and Expresso
- Good understanding of Gradle and the Android Studio build process
- Experience in developing applications in Kotlin
- Excellent written and verbal communication, problem solving and analytical skills
- Positive proactive attitude, willing to turn their hand to any problem, and willing to work things out when they fall outside their area of direct expertise
- Eager to work as a member of a team and pitch in to ensure the team succeeds with its commitments
- An interest in expanding your horizons and learning new skills as well as caring about doing things well
- More senior candidates (7+ years’ experience) should demonstrate leadership potential and be able to tick a lot more of the nice to have boxes below
Nice to have, we will be particularly interested in your application if you can tick some or all these boxes too.
- Mobile development experience for iOS using native methods (Swift, Objective C). We build native mobile clients for both Android and iOS so being able to contribute to iOS as well as Android would be extremely desirable. If you haven’t done iOS development, then we’ll be hoping that you are enthusiastic about learning.
- An interest in gaining skills in server-side development with .Net on Azure
- Experience of test driven development, writing unit tests and solid understanding of how to write testable code.
- Experience of working as a member of an agile team and familiar with agile planning and estimation techniques.
Please note there are two positions:-