Perm, £50,000 – £60,000 plus company benefits, South West, Gloucester
Linux Engineer / Linux Systems Administrator – GIT, SSH, Linux Commands, Bash scripting
My Government client based in Gloucester is seeking a dynamic, hands-on and technically astute Linux Engineer / Linux Systems Administrator with strong skills in git, ssh, Linux command line and Bash.
The successful Linux Engineer / Linux System Administrator will have 2-3 years solid skills in systems administration, patching, upgrading, installation, configuration and all round support within Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) environment.
Skills and experience required:
- 12 months minimum Linux experience as a System Administrator (ideally RHEL)
- Experience of managing and administering anti-virus, system back up and monitoring tools
- Familiarity with the core tools such as git, ssh, Linux command line and Bash
- Able to write documentation detailing routine system administrative tasks such as restoring services from back-ups, swapping out un-serviceable hardware etc
- Root cause analysis and debugging to aid in resolution of functional and performance related defects
- A passion for learning new technologies and innovation
- Experience of automation/configuration management (i.e. Ansible)
- Strong scripting skills (Perl or Bash)
Excellent Linux skills and a passion for technology are essential. Any networking skills (HTTP, TCP/IP etc) are a bonus but not essential.
This role is based in Gloucester and is paying a salary of £50,000 – £60,000 + benefits.
You must already hold (or be eligible to hold) UK Security Clearance to SC Level.
Again, my client is seeking a hands-on and technically astute Linux Engineer / Linux Systems Administrator with strong skills in git, ssh, Linux command line and Bash.