Up to £40,000 PA Middlesex
Working for our global client within a team based near Heathrow as an Incident Response/Vaulting Engineer.
The team are responsible for Life cycle, Capacity Planning, Problem Management working on Top Tier Incident Responses within the shared and dedicated back up and vaulting infrastructure for key global clients.
Ideally you will have experience of working and managing large eVault environments with an in depth knowledge of Director, System Restore, Report Extractor, Portal and Windows Centralcontrol.
Working within the Data Management Services area and reporting to the Managed Backup Services Manager.
- The team are involved in new product development and assist with testing, validating, documenting and training the day to day operations team on new products and features
- They are proud to be subject matter experts and as Top Tier Engineer you will be the last stop for escalations in outage and crisis issues
- You will need to have an understanding of data protection and restore/recovery of technologies such as OSes, databases and applications (VMware/ vSphere, Windows, Linux, Unix variants, Lotus Notes, MS Exchange, MS SQL Server, Oracle, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of storage technologies such as (RAID, SAN, NAS, NFS, iSCSI) are also required
- My client is looking for a min of 3 years Systems Management experience with in-depth understanding of at least one Operating system i.e. Windows, Solaris or Linux
- The role requires a calm individual who is able to improve processes and service levels
- Strong time management as well as the ability to prioritise and remain organised under pressure