Perm £55,000 – £60,000 + benefits Gerrards Cross
Our client is seeking a qualified HR professional with the business acumen to partner Senior Leaders to deliver a people strategy alongside responsibility for budgeting and developing policies.
Responsibilities and Accountability
- Strategic accountabilities
- Functional, Team and Individual Objectives (HR)
- Employee Relations
- Recruitment and On boarding
- Learning and Development
- Health and Safety
- Compensation and Benefits
Qualifications and Knowledge
- Previous experience at this level able to establish credibility and build department accountability
- Demonstrates business acumen – partners with senior leaders to deliver appropriate people strategies and has a good overall understanding of company finances and uses this to develop policies.
- Hands on experience with HR Management software and payroll
- Experience of acting as a role model is essential as is leading teams
- Managed redundancy situations and experienced in coaching managers through this and leading where necessary.
- Familiarity of managing TUPE situations and able to counsel senior management on appropriate practice.
- Broadcasting and technology based industry experience
- Professionally qualified – Degree educated with CIPD qualification AND/OR a proven demonstrable and successful background in the HR generalist space
- Solid employment law knowledge and proven experience of applying updated legislation to a variety of HR situations.
- Contemporary knowledge of best practice trends and practices within HR essential
Skills, Aptitudes/Personal Qualities
- Able to problem solve and demonstrate operational and strategic skills
- Confident decision maker with ability to influence at all levels of the organisation including Senior Leaders.
- Numbers literate – can interpret data, able to analyse figures on staff turnover, cost per high etc. (once recording in place)
- Proactive and will intervene or initiate
- Embraces healthy debate and is active participant to ensure effective decisions and solutions
- Comfortable in developing team members and empowering staff
- Passion for working with people and contributing beyond the confines of the job description.
- Outstanding communication skills – able to deliver bad or difficult news, hold robust conversations whilst at the same time can message across the business positively and with gravitas.
- Proven organisation and prioritisation skills and thrives on constant change and have the personal drive to achieve
- Proven skills of leading and managing a team, team player
- Hands on, but can coach and delegate
- Collaborative and participative but can stand ground where necessary
- Ability to influence key stakeholders