Commercial Analyst – Reading or Waterloo £60,000 – £65,000 PA
Commercial Analyst required by our client a Global IT Solutions Organisation with the Business Strategy and Vision to be the provider of choice to ensure the availability of their customer’s business operations.
We are looking for a Commercial Analyst who wants to make a difference and would enjoy the independence of working in a small entrepreneurial environment with the security and resources of a Fortune 500 technology company. As a business they support organisations to ensure business viability by keeping mission critical information and applications 24/7. Our client is focused on providing clients with responsive and integrated disaster recovery, managed services, IT consulting and business continuity management software solutions.
As the Commercial Analyst you will cover all aspects of defining, launching and enhancing services and work with functional stakeholders to ensure financial success and profitability of the service. Business acumen and technological understanding are key skills required to being successful in this role. This role will require you to work across Product Groups, Sales, Marketing, Legal, IT, Operations and Engineering area of the business.
You will lead the development and management of allocated products and services to include Lifecycle, product financials and product management strategy.
- Identifying market needs
- Product Lifecycle to End of Sale and End of Life
- Product and Service definition
- Financial Analysis and Business Case production
- Accountable for product launch and ongoing commercial management (Profit and Loss)
- Stakeholder management
Profile required for this role
- A broad understanding of technology, applications and IT including issues, standards and processes
- Knowledge of virtualisation
- Good use of cost control and business analysis including financial management and business case.
- The ability to negotiate and communicate including presentation skills
- Well-developed customer facing skills, confident in handling internal customers, suppliers and partners.
- Strong Commercial acumen and experience in running a product P&L / business unit P&L.
- Ideally you will have worked in a global virtual and matrix team environment
- A flexible approach which will allow you to apply alternative methods to overcome problems in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Strong industry and market knowledge with good competitor analysis
Ability to travel with this role is ESSENTIAL
Ideally you will have vendor or industry and IT qualifications
This role can be based on the M4 Corridor close to Reading or within the client offices near Waterloo.